|Rajeshwari Gayakwad Quick Look|
|Date of Birth||June 1, 1991|
|Birth Place||Karnataka, India|
Rajeshwari Shivanand Gayakwad is an Indian cricketer who represents her national side in international cricket. She is a bowler who bowls slow left-arm orthodox and bats right-handed.
- Rajeshwari Gayakwad’s height is 5 ft 4¼ in or 163 cm.
- She played her first-ever international match on January 19, 2014, which was an ODI match played against Sri Lanka.
- She played her first Test match on November 16, 2014, against South Africa. It remained her only played Test match at least until early 2021.
- When she was 18, she started playing serious cricket.
- She got her inspiration from her dad to play cricket. She also took coaching from him. Rajeshwari lost her father to a cardiac arrest in 2014.
- Before making her international cricket debut, she played domestic cricket for Karnataka women’s cricket team.
- She had shown a great performance in the 2017 Women’s Cricket World Cup. Her team India reached the finals but lost to England by 9 mere runs. Her bowling was appreciated by many and Water resources minister M. B. Patil even announced to gift her a car worth INR 5 lakhs which she denied to accept as she was looking to buy a house at that time.
- She has played international cricket with Mithali Raj and Smriti Mandhana in the same team.
Featured Image by Bahnfrend / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0