|Punam Raut Quick Look|
|Date of Birth||October 14, 1989|
|Birth Place||Maharashtra, India|
Punam Ganesh Raut is an Indian cricketer who represents her national side India in international cricket matches. She is a batswoman who does right-handed batting and right-arm off-break bowling.
- In 2009, she played her first international cricket match which was against West Indies on March 19, 2009. It was a Women’s ODI match.
- On June 13, 2009, Punam played her first-ever T20I match which was against Pakistan.
- She made her Test debut on August 13, 2014, which was against England.
- In May 2017, she made a new world record of an opening partnership (male and female) of 320 runs with Deepti Sharma, in an ODI match played against Ireland. Her contribution was 109 runs. The previous record in ODI was 286 by Upul Tharanga and Sanath Jayasuriya of Sri Lanka in men’s cricket.
- She was a part of the Indian women’s cricket team which played in the 2017 Women’s Cricket World Cup. India had lost the final match in the world cup to England by 9 runs.
- Like Punam, Smriti Mandhana and Jhulan Goswami have also played international cricket for India.