|Poonam Yadav Quick Look|
|Date of Birth||August 24, 1991|
|Birth Place||Uttar Pradesh, India|
Poonam Yadav is an Indian cricketer who represents her national side India in international cricket matches. She does right-arm leg-spin bowling and bats right-handedly.
- Poonam’s mother’s name is Munna Devi. She is a homemaker and her father’s name is Raghuveer Singh Yadav who is retired from the army.
- Born in Agra, Poonam played her first international match on April 5, 2013, which was a T20I match, played against Bangladesh.
- Poonam has played only a single Test match which was on November 16, 2014, against South Africa.
- She took initial training in cricket from Eklavya Sports Stadium in Agra. However, only after 3 years of enrolment, she was planning to quit cricket forever. But, her father motivated her to continue.
- Poonam played in team India which reached the finals of the 2017 Women’s Cricket World Cup. They lost to England by mere 9 runs.
- In June 2018, she was ranked 3rd in the women’s T20I bowling rankings.
- She has played international cricket with Mithali Raj, Smriti Mandhana, and others.
Featured Image by Bahnfrend / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0