|Mithali Raj Quick Look|
|Date of Birth||December 3, 1982|
|Birth Place||Rajasthan, India|
Mithali Dorai Raj is an Indian cricketer who plays for the Indian women’s cricket team in international cricket. She is a right-handed batswoman and occasional right-arm leg-break bowler.
- In 1999, she played her first international cricket match which was an ODI match, played on June 26, 1999, against Ireland.
- She has also played domestic cricket for the Velocity team.
- Mithali Raj’s height is 5 ft 4 in or 163 cm.
- She started playing cricket at the age of 10.
- She is the first woman cricketer in the world to make 6,000 runs in One Day International matches.
- Mithali is the first cricketer to make 7 consecutive 50s in ODIs.
- During the 2018 Women’s Twenty20 Asia Cup, she became the first Indian cricketer (male or female) to score more than 2,000 runs in T20I matches.
- In 2005, she was made the captain of the Indian women’s cricket team.
- Mithali was born in a Tamil family to Dorai Raj (father) who was an Airman (Warrant Officer) in the Indian Air Force and Leela Raj (mother). She has an older brother also.
- She was the Vogue Sportsperson of the Year 2017.
- In 2015, she received Padma Shri and Arjuna Award in 2003.
- She has played with Jhulan Goswami in international cricket.