|Marizanne Kapp Quick Look|
|Date of Birth||January 4, 1990|
|Birth Place||Eastern Cape, South Africa|
Marizanne Kapp is a South African cricketer who plays in South Africa’s national women’s cricket team. Born in Port Elizabeth, she is an all-rounder who bowls right-arm medium and bats right-handed.
- Marizanne Kapp is nicknamed Kappie.
- Kapp is the first woman cricketer for South Africa to have taken a hattrick in the Women’s Twenty20 International match.
- In December 2017, Marizanne was included in the ICC Women’s ODI Team of the Year.
- In September 2018, she successfully took her 100th wicket in Women ODIs in a match against West Indies.
- She was in the South Africa squad which was selected to be sent to play the 2018 ICC Women’s World Twenty20 in West Indies.
- In May 2019, Kapp became the 3rd cricketer for South Africa to play in 100 WODI matches.
- In 2018, she tied the knot with fellow South African cricketer Dane van Niekerk.
- She played her first-ever international cricket match on March 10, 2009, against Australia. It was an ODI match.
Featured Image by Bahnfrend / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0