|Deepti Sharma Quick Look|
|Date of Birth||August 9, 1997|
|Birth Place||Uttar Pradesh, India|
Deepti Bhagwan Sharma is an Indian cricketer who plays for her country in international matches. All all-rounder, she does left-handed batting and bowls right-arm off break.
- Her father is Bhagwan Sharma who worked in the Indian Railways as a chief booking supervisor and her mother is Sushilaa Sharma. She is the youngest amongst all her siblings.
- At 9, she had developed an interest in cricket.
- In the initial days, she received cricket coaching from her brother Sumit Sharma who was playing for Uttar Pradesh as a pacer.
- While at the Ekalavya Sports Stadium in Agra, she was watching his brother practicing in the nets, she was asked to throw the ball back into the play. Her ball-throw directly hit the stumps from a distance of 50 meters and it was the turning point of her career as it was seen by Hemlata Kala, India’s national women’s team selector.
- Former Indian selector and batter, Rita Dey had mentored her.
- She made her international cricket debut on November 28, 2014, against South Africa. It was an ODI match.
- T20I debut came a little late on January 31, 2016, against Australia.
- Deepti Sharma has played with Smriti Mandhana and Mithali Raj in international matches for India.