|Amelia Kerr Quick Look|
|Date of Birth||October 13, 2000|
|Birth Place||Wellington, New Zealand|
Amelia Charlotte Kerr is a New Zealand cricketer who represents her national side, New Zealand in international women’s cricket matches. She is an all-rounder who serves as the right-handed batsman and does right-arm leg-spin bowling.
- Amelia Kerr has various nicknames such as Melie, Melos, and Melux.
- On June 13, 2018, Amelia made the record for the highest individual score in a WODI (Women’s One Day International) match. She scored 232 not out of 145 balls against Ireland at YMCA Cricket Club, Dublin.
- By scoring 232*, she became the youngest cricketer (male or female) to score a double century in ODI cricket.
- At the time of scoring 232*, her score was the highest individual in Women’s ODI cricket, second-highest by a New Zealand player in ODI cricket, and third-highest individual score (male or female) in ODI cricket.
- In the match where she scored 232* against Ireland on June 13, 2018, she also took 5 wickets for 17 runs. It was her first-ever five-wicket haul in Women ODIs.
- Amelia was a part of the team which played the 2018 ICC Women’s World Twenty20 tournament in the West Indies. She was the player to watch before the tournament started.
- At the annual New Zealand Cricket awards held in March 2019, Amelia was awarded the honor of ANZ International Women’s ODI Player of the Year.
- Both her father and mother have played cricket at the domestic level and represented Wellington. Her older sister Jess Kerr also plays cricket. Amelia’s grandfather Bruce Murray has also played test cricket for New Zealand.