|Alastair Cook Quick Look|
|Date of Birth||December 25, 1984|
|Birth Place||Gloucestershire, England|
Alastair Nathan Cook is a former international cricket who has represented England in all the 3 cricket formats – T20I, Test, and ODI. He has also played domestic cricket for Essex County Cricket Club.
- He was an opening left-handed batsman who did right-arm slow seam bowling.
- Alastair Cook’s height is 6 ft 2 in or 188 cm.
- Alastair Cook’s nickname is Cookie, Chef, and Captain Cook.
- He played international cricket for England from 2006 to 2018.
- He made his Test match debut on March 1, 2006, against India.
- He is skilled in playing the saxophone.
- Alastair has donated his time to a charity named, The Great City Race for Breakthrough Breast Cancer.
- He is the youngest Englishman to reach 2,000, 3,000, 4,000, and even 5,000 Test runs.
- Alastair is the youngest player in the world to score 6,000, 7,000, 8,000, 9,000, 10,000, 11,000, and even 12,000 Test runs.
- In December 2012, he became England’s highest run-scorer in India with 866 runs.
- In 2013, 2015, and 2016, he was made the captain of the ICC World Test XI team.
- In 2016, Alastair received the Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE).
- In 2011, he married Alice Hunt whom he knew since childhood. The couple has 3 children – 2 daughters and 1 son.
Featured Image by Kroome111 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0